PDA

View Full Version : Chargemaster Tweakers

Brett
01-01-2016, 07:58 PM
OK, so for all of you guys that have tweaked your RCBS Chargemaster powder dispenser/scales, do you have any settings suggestions for dispensing pistol charges? I have changed the settings of my CM to speed up times for rifle charges. I think there are probably better settings for the lighter pistol charges (4-6 grain range). Any suggestions or starting points? I am just starting with the pistol reloading.

Thanks in advance,
Brett

scope eye
01-01-2016, 08:28 PM
There are some really good tweaks on youtube, I still use my powder drop for my pistol and 223s. I find it to painful and repetitive to do any loads under 30gr.

Dean

Brett
01-02-2016, 11:57 AM
There are some really good tweaks on youtube, I still use my powder drop for my pistol and 223s. I find it to painful and repetitive to do any loads under 30gr.

Dean

I know what you mean about painful and repetitive. I will be shooting fewer pistol rounds per range trip now that I am reloading it and not just buying boxes at a time. I have been using the powder drop too, but don't trust my technique yet and end up weighing each charge. Thought I would give the CM a try. I have to dig back into Youtube to try and find some more info, hope I don't get too distracted with other vids. that pop up. May experiment on my own some today too. Thinking about eliminating the fast dispense mode and just try the slow to trickle speeds.