PDA

View Full Version : Boyds or choate sniper stock for stevens 200

Remingtonman
01-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Which one of these two stocsw would be better to go with? im looking for a nice stock for my 6mmx223 build and im not sure which stock to get. Im on a budget otherwise id be getting a McMillan or a Manners stock lol. Also if I go with a boyds stock im most likely going to glass bed it. Has anyone used these inletting stock screws to keep your action in alignment while bedding and pillaring? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/376910/forster-stockmakers-hand-screws-remington-700-721-722-40x-pack-of-2?cm_mmc=pe_customer-_-abandoncart-_-abandoncart_daily-_-productimage

FW Conch
01-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Depends on what you mean by nice stock. The Boyd's can look nice, wood, and when pillared and bedded, perform as well as any other stock out there. Don't know what the use of your rifle will be, but Choates, although great platforms, are built with no regard for weight-they are heavy. Great for BR or PD, not so much for carry. Don't know what your magazine approach is, but you could also consider the Bell & Carlson line. If your Stevens 200 is a short action/center feed, that gives you the most choices.

243LPR
01-01-2016, 03:06 PM
I have one long action in a Choate and am impressed with it. It is very solid and stable. Heavy though,mostly a bench gun.

darkker
01-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah, never bedded any of my Boyds, nor found a reason to "need" it. As Conch said, I think I'm the only one on the planet who actually carries the Ultimate Sniper hunting.If you want a bench gun, without question take the Choate. If you want a general stock, or to hunt/carry: If at any point in your life you gave half a seconds thought to what something weighed, then take the Boyds.