PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: Model 99R 250-3000 need a lttle help

50cal
06-23-2010, 08:36 PM
First time on the forum, Hello all.
I just got a 99R 250-3000 and I found the forend screw and barrel stud cross threaded.
I got the problem repaired but would like to get a new barrel stud and screw to bring the gun up to it's orginal condition.
I have tried Numrich and a few other places with out success.
Does any one have any other sources for these parts.
I would also like to put a scope on it some day and need to know what the correct scope mount would be.

BobT
06-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not a 99 expert by any stretch of the imagination but you might try the auction sites for the parts you need. As far as scope mounts go if the rifle was not drilled and tapped for scope mounts at the factory then without drilling extra holes you would need to find a Stith mount or there was another scope/mount combo that fit the tang sight holes but I'm not sure about the name "Warner" comes to mind but that could be out to lunch. I'm sure one of the 99 experts will be along shortly to help you out.

Bob

50cal
06-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Thank you Bob, any help at this point is great.

99trix
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
If it is a post WWII rifle it will be drilled and tapped. The weaver two piece mounts are 14 and 19, can't remember off the top of my head which is front and which is back. I like the two piece mounts better than the one piece as the block less of the loading gate. The redfield 99R jr mounts are the correct one piece and there are some other makers out there. The no drill mounts mainly are Stith's but those are getting really pricey.

Welcome aboard!

50cal
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll look into the scope mounts, thanks

50cal
06-28-2010, 05:50 AM
I may have found the forend screw I have been looking for.
It is being shipped to me so I can make sure it is the right one. Keeping fingers crossed.

50cal
06-29-2010, 09:06 PM
GOT IT after all the searching I found an original screw for the forend of my model 99R, the barrel stud needs a little fine tuning but thats an easy fix.
Thanks to everyone for all your help.