PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93R17 (2004 model)

ivob
12-30-2015, 05:58 PM
At first I thought wow 17wsm but 11 out of 8 people do not have good reviews on the Savage B-mag - saw a Utube video where someone put on an aftermarket stock bedded the rifle and shot a dime size group (5 shots) at 100 yards. I used to shot those type of groups if I did my part on my 17HMR. This got me thinking - time to revive that ole 17. It has the wood stock no swivels (no-bipod) but thats okay. I am going to remove the barrel and look into bedding it - it will definitely improve the groups been a few years since I fired that rifle - it has a 3-7x33 Redfield Scope which should be plenty enough.

GaCop
01-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Mine has the wood stock too and it will group five into an inch at 100 yards with the CCI 17gr HP and 1.6" at 150 yards. I'm running a Bushnell 4X12X40 scope. I got the rifle in a trade and have done nothing to it except testing different brands of ammunition and bullets weights to find what mine likes best.

tufrthnails
01-14-2016, 01:46 PM
I got the plastic stock and if I do my part I can cover all my rounds with a quarter at 100y. I am really interested to see what it can do with the SSS trigger installed. The factory one sucks.

GaCop
01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
I got the plastic stock and if I do my part I can cover all my rounds with a quarter at 100y. I am really interested to see what it can do with the SSS trigger installed. The factory one sucks. +1 on the crappy factory trigger!

J.Baker
01-29-2016, 12:19 PM
I got the plastic stock and if I do my part I can cover all my rounds with a quarter at 100y. I am really interested to see what it can do with the SSS trigger installed. The factory one sucks.

What SSS trigger? Fred hasn't made a trigger for the rimfire rifles since the AccuTrigger came out in what, 2008 or so?

penna shooter
03-31-2016, 06:57 AM
I have a laminated 93R17 with a manufacturer date 4/24/15 with the Accutrigger and love it.....The trigger pull is set around 2.0-2.1 and so crisp. Hard to believe that the trigger from savage really works. Good luck.

tufrthnails
03-31-2016, 10:24 AM
What SSS trigger? Fred hasn't made a trigger for the rimfire rifles since the AccuTrigger came out in what, 2008 or so?

I managed to find an old inventory SSS on amazon. Holy smokes the difference is night and day. I'm not sure why he discontinued unless he just didn't think the demand would be there for the older rimfires, but I am VERY happy with the results.

Edit I have to retrack this post. I just called my smith as he was not there when I picked up the rifle a couple of days ago. He didn't use my trigger it would not fit. He just did a very nice in my opinion trigger job on my factory trigger. The guy watching the sho didn't know anything about it and yet another reason I like to build a relationship with small gun shops near me. He did the work for the same price as the install and kept the trigger although he said I could have it if I didn't feel that was fair. He can keep it I got the end result I was looking for.

tufrthnails
03-31-2016, 10:30 AM
I have a laminated 93R17 with a manufacturer date 4/24/15 with the Accutrigger and love it.....The trigger pull is set around 2.0-2.1 and so crisp. Hard to believe that the trigger from savage really works. Good luck.

I'm not surprised penna. My accutrigger on my 111 is no Jewel, but it breaks 4 out of 5 times at 1lbs 10oz with my trigger scale. And is clean and crisp as I could ask for out of a factory trigger. I have thought many many times about swapping it, but can't make myself do it, since it works so well for me. For a hunting rig I couldn't ask for much more. I have put two jewel triggers on my cousins remi's 7mm rum and .223. I do really like those triggers, but the cost/ reward is just not enough for me even if they made one for my rifle. Which last I checked they didn't.

penna shooter
03-31-2016, 09:04 PM
I'm not surprised penna. My accutrigger on my 111 is no Jewel, but it breaks 4 out of 5 times at 1lbs 10oz with my trigger scale. And is clean and crisp as I could ask for out of a factory trigger. I have thought many many times about swapping it, but can't make myself do it, since it works so well for me. For a hunting rig I couldn't ask for much more. I have put two jewel triggers on my cousins remi's 7mm rum and .223. I do really like those triggers, but the cost/ reward is just not enough for me even if they made one for my rifle. Which last I checked they didn't.

How do or can I post some pixs of this little sniper rifle?

tufrthnails
04-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I use photobucket as my host site and just add their img link.