PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: Question about my Accrutrigger on Savage Muzzleloader

bsekf
12-29-2015, 10:37 AM
I thought the blade on the accrutrigger was a safety device and the trigger wouldn't disengage the sear until the blade was depressed. On my Savage Muzzleloader, (the only gun I have with AT) I can use my thumbnail to pull the trigger and disengage the sear without depressing the blade. Is the blade a safety device or an unnecessary moving part?

Bill

J.Baker
12-29-2015, 11:01 AM
The blade, if not pulled back, will prevent the sear from moving far enough to allow the firing pin to fall. Basically the tale on the blade blocks/limits the sear's travel if the blade isn't pulled back. You will hear a faint click when this happens, but it's noticeably quieter than when you pull the trigger & blade together and hear the firing pin release.

If it's actually letting the firing pin drop when you do this try adjusting the trigger for a heavier pull weight to see if that resolves the issue.

bsekf
12-29-2015, 01:23 PM
I will do a little more research......not sure if the sear really disengaged.....I heard the click.

Thanks,

Bill

J.Baker
12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Easy way to check - go outside and put a 209 primer in the bolt face and pull the trigger w/o pulling the blade back. If the primer pops the firing pin is dropping. Maybe do it in your garage if you have panicky neighbors.