PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP Left Handed, 300 WSM Stock Replacement

zaksdad3
12-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Package rifle with Nikon scope and Accutrigger. Tried multiple types and weights of ammo and 4"-5" groups off a bench is the best it will do. Replaced the scope rings with Weaver steel rings and found the front base real loose. Have not tested it yet.

Looking at replacing the plastic stock with a Boyd's or Houge with pillar bedding. I know Boyds has a left handed featherweight thumbhole model but not sure about Houge left hand availability. Does anyone know if they have these?

Want to pillar and bed the Boyds but not the Houge. Any other left handed recommendations.

Also, any ammo recommendations for this 300 WSM would be appreciated.

conger
12-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Also interested in the same thing. Not happy with the plastic stock at all. I've also replaced the scope and rings with vortex.

zaksdad3
12-27-2015, 08:24 PM
How much improvement did you see? I also had to file the front of the stock as it was rubbing on the barrel. Very poor quality control.

conger
12-27-2015, 08:29 PM
How much improvement did you see? I also had to file the front of the stock as it was rubbing on the barrel. Very poor quality control.
Some improvement going to the vortex scope and new rings on a rail.
I've tightened the stock where I could, but I'm still not happy with it. It should shoot tighter groups on hand loads.