PDA

View Full Version : Odler 110

kjkyzar
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
I have a model 110, 30-06, bought probably at least 25 years ago. It is S/N: F023690. Has always been a good, accurate, reliable, rifle. However, I am thinking of modernizing it, and have some questions.
1. I know it is a "blind" magazine, can it be converted to a clip style?
2. Would like to put a heavy barrel, in same caliber. How hard is that to do, and who makes a good quality replacement barrel?
3. Any recommendations for a good quality composite stock?
4. Any drop in trigger assemblies, that are adjustable?

I realize this is a lot of work on an old gun, but, I have time, and the motivation to do it, so, any and all inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

devildogandboy
12-27-2015, 06:58 PM
welcome. all that you ask can be done but it will cost you. your rifle is probably staggered feed(mag stays attached to action when out of stock).
1.some have machined the action to make it "centerfeed", costly unless you can do it. CDI offers an bottom metal assembly that converts yours to accept detachable mags, over $200 but they will inlet your stock free of charge.
2.with the right tools changing barrels isn't hard at all. good quality barrels are all over the place, depends on what you want to pay. several of our sponsors have barrels that will work for you at reasonable cost.
3.Bell & Carlson makes a nice stock that will work for you, imo.
4.triggers you have Rifle Basix, Timney and a few others. need to know what pull weight you want.

if you got the time,,money and patience you can get it all done. just do it in steps, a little at a time so it doesn't break you.

Bruce

kjkyzar
12-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Thanks devildogandboy for the reply. From a little research, I had figured most of that out. Was stuck on the magazine part though, and wanted more input from others who have done it. From looking at CDI website, I would need to send them my stock so they can inlet it. I assume, if I buy a replacement stock, just send them that one prior to the build.
Unsure on the trigger pull at this point. Would probably want an adjustable trigger to dial it in the way I want it. Any idea how hard to install these?
I appreciate the reply from someone more knowledgeable than me!

kjkyzar
12-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Also, from reading, it seems changing the barrel is pretty simple. Am I misunderstanding something? Is there a trick to swapping to a heavy barrel in same caliber?

GaCop
12-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Also, from reading, it seems changing the barrel is pretty simple. Am I misunderstanding something? Is there a trick to swapping to a heavy barrel in same caliber?
No trick at all, just remove the original barrel and install/headspace the replacement barrel and your done. You can re-use the factory barrel nut and recoil lug but in the long run I'd go ahead and replace then with aftermarket ones. As for an after market replacement trigger. I've used both Timney and Rifle Basix. The both were very easy to install just by replacing the factory trigger in the trigger housing. They both come with easy to follow directions.