PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Model 67 butt stock wood. difference between 12 ga & 20 ga?

Dana
12-27-2015, 12:27 AM
I am working on a model 67 20 gauge w/safety behind the trigger. When I look at Gun Parts they show a different butt stock for 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I can find lots of butt stocks for 12 gauge but nothing listed for 20 gauge. Today I noticed at Bob's Gun parts he has stocks that fit 12/16/20. Can any one tell me what the difference is between 12 gauge and 20 gauge? Thanks in advance.

Mad Dog
12-27-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure if there is a difference.

I know there is a difference on whether or not your gun has a safety on the trigger guard or if it has the safety on the tang. The buttstock will be inletted on the top of the stock if it has a tang safety and will not be if the safety is on the trigger guard.

adub
01-23-2016, 11:35 PM
So can you shar with me how to remove the Butt Stock?

Mad Dog
01-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Depending on the series you should just have to take the buttplate off and with a long standard screwdriver run down the hole, you just unscrew the stock bolt from the receiver.

Maxrad
02-19-2016, 12:44 AM
Remember that the stocks are attached into the aluminum trigger housing, not the receiver. This is the weak link on these shotguns so when replacing that long screw holding the stock on don't over tighten. I read that during the Vietnam War, the issued 77E models (almost identical to the 67) broke often at that location but this could also be attributed to much abuse.

As far as the interchangeability of stocks between the 20 and 12 gauges I don't know.