PDA

View Full Version : 111 long action 308 extended Mags

JWGuns
12-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Hey folks, so I know that this has been talked about elsewhere but I think that I may have stumbled onto something and am way too excited about it to go searching.

I have been searching for an extended mag solution for my 111 FCNS long action 308 that only has the 4 round DBM but havent had any luck. Snyder mags says they are working on a solution as we speak but it could be a few months.

My friend ordered the savage 10 FCP-SR(short action), When it came in i noticed that his 10 round mag and stock had the same dimensions and magazine catch/release style so i tested for fit. Perfect Fit! I loaded some rounds and started working the bolt, there was no problem feeding and ejecting until the last round.

On further inspection the only difference between these two magazines in terms of dimensions, shape/style etc is the follower. The short action DBM for the FCP has a higher ridge in it. I just ordered one of these http://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVAGE-ARMS-FCP-SR-SHOT-MAGAZINE/2074003.uts (not from cabelas) and will be swapping out the follower to see if I have found a solution to this problem.

Has anyone else noticed this? Tried this? Am I late to the party? let me know!

KAIFS
12-24-2015, 02:22 PM
I ordered and promptly got a pair of LA (.270) http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/magazines.php 10round magazines. With little lip work these function properly in my wife's 111 Lady Hunter re-worked/rebarreled to 6.5x55. Very nice 1st experience with this outfit. Not cheap but more durable (I got it for 10rd capacity) compared to factory magazines :) in my opinion....

JWGuns
12-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Yea I ordered one of the Darkeagles for my 308 as well and am looking forward to receiving it. I have heard great things. I was just very surprised by what i noticed about that 10 round SA mags made by savage seeming to work in my LA

Luckyshot
01-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Yea I ordered one of the Darkeagles for my 308 as well and am looking forward to receiving it. I have heard great things. I was just very surprised by what i noticed about that 10 round SA mags made by savage seeming to work in my LA

So, any news on this front? How does the FCP-SR mag you ordered work? Also, you say your gun is a FCNS 111 long action in .308, but isn't the .308 a short action and a FCNS 11?

brokefootkeny
01-28-2017, 06:55 PM
Would this magazine work in a trophy hunter 111?

J.Baker
01-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Hey folks, so I know that this has been talked about elsewhere but I think that I may have stumbled onto something and am way too excited about it to go searching.

I have been searching for an extended mag solution for my 111 FCNS long action 308 that only has the 4 round DBM but havent had any luck. Snyder mags says they are working on a solution as we speak but it could be a few months.

My friend ordered the savage 10 FCP-SR(short action), When it came in i noticed that his 10 round mag and stock had the same dimensions and magazine catch/release style so i tested for fit. Perfect Fit! I loaded some rounds and started working the bolt, there was no problem feeding and ejecting until the last round.

On further inspection the only difference between these two magazines in terms of dimensions, shape/style etc is the follower. The short action DBM for the FCP has a higher ridge in it. I just ordered one of these http://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVAGE-ARMS-FCP-SR-SHOT-MAGAZINE/2074003.uts (not from cabelas) and will be swapping out the follower to see if I have found a solution to this problem.

Has anyone else noticed this? Tried this? Am I late to the party? let me know!

If the short-action Model 10 FCP-SR magazine fits into your rifle, you have a Model 11 FCNS, not a Model 111 FCNS. Short-action mags WILL NOT fit a long-action frame, period. The magazine you linked to is the standard 10rd magazine that comes with the current Model 10 FCP-SR and Model 11 Scout rifles, as well as a few others.

Just trying to prevent confusion and keep someone (like the poster above) from buying something that won't fit their gun.