PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcing Axis Stock with Quiksteel

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rfd12fv
01-27-2016, 09:06 AM
there is NO functionally imperative need to "seal" rockite when used to fill butt and fore stocks. if yer worried about moisture content, which you shouldn't, use kwixset instead of rockite.

KJProX
02-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Hi guys, new Savage Axis owner here and of course the first thing I do when I get something new is seek out a forum for it, so here I am.

First thing I noticed was the flex in the forehand, so this thread is very interesting and probably something I'm going to do. Couple of questions that I haven't seen answered and I looked is.
1: How good is the adhesion to the plastic is the Rockite, need to rough up the plastic?
2: What happens if the gun gets knocked over, takes a hit, broken chunks of Rockite loose inside?

Just curious, thanks.

RFD looks like your the expert on this process, your youtube video's that you posted no longer show up, I really wanted to see the process.

rfd12fv
02-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Hi guys, new Savage Axis owner here and of course the first thing I do when I get something new is seek out a forum for it, so here I am.

First thing I noticed was the flex in the forehand, so this thread is very interesting and probably something I'm going to do. Couple of questions that I haven't seen answered and I looked is.
1: How good is the adhesion to the plastic is the Rockite, need to rough up the plastic?

no need to rough up the plastic, just mix and pour the rockite

2: What happens if the gun gets knocked over, takes a hit, broken chunks of Rockite loose inside?

nope, the stuff is purty darned strong

Just curious, thanks.

RFD looks like your the expert on this process, your youtube video's that you posted no longer show up, I really wanted to see the process.

those weren't my vids, looks like the owner removed them, too bad. don't need to see a vid for how to mix and pour rockite, it's really too easy.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````

KJProX
02-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Thanks RFD, just what I was looking for. Guess I'll be pouring some Rockite sometime soon.:rolleyes: