PDA

View Full Version : Glass bedding material?

03mossy
12-17-2015, 12:07 AM
With my new barrel almost here I am almost set. But I want to bed this rifle in the duramaxx stock before the load development begins. I've printed off the article on here about improving that stock as my guide and watched a bunch of youtube videos on it. Still a bit aprehensive about it... anyway which bedding component would you all recommend for a beginner?

barrel-nut
12-17-2015, 12:55 AM
Devcon with Kiwi neutral shoe polish as a release agent is hard to beat

Mozella
12-17-2015, 08:21 AM

Yes, but Devcon makes thousands of products. What the OP should use is Devcon 10110.

WinnieTheBoom
12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
I use Wheeler Bed Rock with great results. I've learned that glass bedding is only ever as good as the preparation you do on the stock, so take your time with it and pay close attention to detail. It will be worth it in the long run regardless of which bedding material you use.

LongRange
12-17-2015, 09:38 AM

this right here and model clay to plug holes and keep the Devcon where you want it.

Oxn316
12-17-2015, 02:28 PM
I used arca glass kit from Brownell. It came with the mixing cups and release agent. Little runny but worked great. I used plumbers putty to fill in all the holes because it's what I had. It came out real nice, feels like I could shoot it without the action screws.

scooterf79
12-17-2015, 05:30 PM
What the OP should use is Devcon 10110.
What he said! ^^^^^^
Devcon, kiwi shoe polish and modeling clay are what I use/used.
I was a little nervous on mine first one too....i removed material and checked, rechecked, and rechecked some more lol. Made sure it all fit right and mixed up the devcon and let it roll. Seemed to turn out ok, some of the guys here said so too.....
either it was ok or they were lying....lol
Youll be fine, just take your time and pay attention.
Scooter