PDA

View Full Version : Viper crossfire ii 3-9x40 help

brianlt21
12-15-2015, 09:14 PM
So I just picked up a new vortex crossfire ii3-9x40 and new low weaver quad lock rings and trying to mount this on a savage 10 with 2 piece weaver bases and rings won't fit right on the gun what setup are you guys using do I need to go to medium rings to make this work or buy a one piece egg base with my low rings please help

Pics also would help

Jay24bal
12-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, the Crossfire series of scope does not work well on 2 piece bases due to the length of the scope.

I did mount one on an EGW one piece picatinny base, and it worked, but it required that I take a hacksaw to the base and trim some off the front (I think it was 2 sections I had to take off).

GaCop
12-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Yeah, the Crossfire series of scope does not work well on 2 piece bases due to the length of the scope.

I did mount one on an EGW one piece picatinny base, and it worked, but it required that I take a hacksaw to the base and trim some off the front (I think it was 2 sections I had to take off). Pretty much the norm with the shorter body of the scopes made today. I too had to cut a portion off the front of my EGW base in order to move the scope back far enough for proper eye relief. I also contoured the cut with a sanding drum in my Dremel to give the cut a better look and then touched up the bare aluminum with Birchwood Casey aluminum black.