PDA

View Full Version : Frankford Arsenal Case Prep Center

Front Royalty
12-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Anyone own one of these? Thinking about buying this as its the only option I see with a trimmer implement. All others do everything but trim the case. Reviews look pretty good, price is right, just want to be sure I'm not overlooking another solution. Thanks.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/628405/frankford-arsenal-platinum-series-case-prep-and-trim-center#ReviewHeader

triehl27
12-15-2015, 05:05 PM
I have an RCBS prep center that I still use occasionally. Most of my trimming is 223, 6x45, 300BO, 308, and 300WinMag.
223, 300BO, and 308 I do with a Giraud Triway trimmer. Trims, chambers and deburrs all in one press mounted trimmer. About $90ea caliber. extremely precise once setup. Perfect brass everytime as long as I do my part.
6x45, I use a custom Lee Quick Trim die and Powered Lee Quick trimmer. I have a write up on it. It trims, chambers and deburrs, but it not the same quality as the Girauds, it's good to .002 accuracy usually.
And same for 300 Winmag, I use a lee quick trim.

Once ea of these is setup there is no setup time other then switching them in the drill press. I have multiple secondary options for each, but they only flat trim, no chambering and deburr with is why I do keep the prep center.

I truly do like have my trimmers chamber and deburr all at the same time. 3 seconds vs 30sec+ going from station to station repetitively.

Front Royalty
12-15-2015, 06:09 PM
I have an RCBS prep center that I still use occasionally. Most of my trimming is 223, 6x45, 300BO, 308, and 300WinMag.
223, 300BO, and 308 I do with a Giraud Triway trimmer. Trims, chambers and deburrs all in one press mounted trimmer. About $90ea caliber. extremely precise once setup. Perfect brass everytime as long as I do my part.
6x45, I use a custom Lee Quick Trim die and Powered Lee Quick trimmer. I have a write up on it. It trims, chambers and deburrs, but it not the same quality as the Girauds, it's good to .002 accuracy usually.
And same for 300 Winmag, I use a lee quick trim.

Once ea of these is setup there is no setup time other then switching them in the drill press. I have multiple secondary options for each, but they only flat trim, no chambering and deburr with is why I do keep the prep center.

I truly do like have my trimmers chamber and deburr all at the same time. 3 seconds vs 30sec+ going from station to station repetitively.

I looked into the RCBS prep center, but didn't want to come off the additional coin for a separate trim setup vs just buying one already installed with the Frankford. Purchased via amazon 30 min ago. We'll see how she does. Been doing each piece with a drill until now: trim, chamfer, deburr, primer pockets, clean (steel wool). Been taking about 2 hrs to prep 50 cases. I think Im in for a treat as I also purchased an RCBS ultrasonic case cleaner, where Ive simply been using steel wool on the outside of the case before: nothing on the inside. I'm hoping to cut prep time down to less than half and crank out about 100 rds in 2 hours from start to finish.

fabricator1
12-15-2015, 07:24 PM
I have been using one for about a year and it works perfect and fast. Once you set it up you can trim any caliber and very accurate on repeatability

Front Royalty
12-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Sweet. Welcome to the forum!

Toyotany
12-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Going on 200 223's and 100 308. Easy to set up and works great. Have about 500 rounds total through it. 30-06,7-08,260. The long 06 sizes are easy on the hand compared to the 223 but it's still better then what I was doing.

Balljoint
12-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Understand that Len at long range shooting magazine is doing a report on just such, all i know is that mine works just FINE !!!!!

Front Royalty
12-18-2015, 08:17 PM
This is the best money I've spent on reloading equipment to date. Absolutely awesome for the price. Hopefully a replacement brass cutter head will be available by the time I wear mine out, if that ever happens.