PDA

View Full Version : Stocky's stock advice Problem solved!

smoker
06-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Definitely sent me the wrong stock. Action screw spacing is 5 1/4" . My recoil lug sits right on the top of the front action screw hole. I hate that when it happens.

Just received my Tundra thumbhole stock from Stocky's I have a couple of questions for the pros. I have a Stevens 200 .223 with center feed mag, 4.4" spacing, and the mag is attached to the stock. I see where the action screws are too short, ( wish they would have mentioned that ), I see where the trigger guard recess will have to be enlarged, and I also see that the recoil lug recess is not even there. There is a recess but more than an inch away. Am I seeing normal problems or did they send me the wrong stock? The SKU is sav50004s. I will call on Monday but if all is well I can start to modify, hopefully not butcher ), the stock this weekend. Thanks to all who reply. smoker

MARK25-06
06-19-2010, 05:02 PM
i just got the blue thumb hole, same thing. trigger guard ,had to cut it .125 deeper rear screw works but the front screw is a bit short.take your time with a dremmel or small router,you will love the way it shoots afterwards. MARK25-06

smoker
06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I can contend with a screw hole being off a little but the screw spacing is 1" too long and there ain't no way to make a fix. Very nice stock. Did your original action screws work or were they too short? smoker

sharpshooter
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
You have the wrong stock. Nothing should be that far off.

smoker
06-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Yep, that was a bummer. Was looking forward to using it this weekend in an informal shoot. smoker