PDA

View Full Version : Savage .243 model 11

MarlinMatt
12-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Hey all, new to the forum this may be a loaded question as it seems there are a lot of variances. I recently took an 18 foot fall from a hang on stand. Luckily I was alright the synthetic/composite black stock didn't fair as well, and split prior to the trigger guard. So I called savage giving them my serial number and they could not help me and told me they no longer had that particular stock. It's about 5 years old (accu trigger) package deal with a Simmons scope. Can anyone help me find the stock and trigger guard for this gun? Absolutely love my savage.

drybean
12-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard, best to order a new stock from Boyds

Rick_W
12-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Welcome.

Might want to post your stock situation in a new post in the "Stocks" section. Probably get more direct help.

Rosco
12-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Welcome..someone around here should be able to help you.

savgebolt
12-12-2015, 11:34 AM
welcome matt,,,,, first and foremost , im glad your alive ,, hope you appreciate how lucky you are,,,, i want to know what you learned and what your going to differant as far as hunter saftey goes,,,, this a great forum, a wealth of information, and great group of people,,, enjoy

big honkin jeep
12-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Welcome.
Glad you're OK. Did you land on that rifle? I have one or two that have taken some pretty good licks over the years and knock on wood other than a little rash or a ding haven't damaged one yet.
It really shouldn't be a problem to find a stock. It should be pretty economical to replace if you're just looking for a factory takeoff that someone has replaced. The classifieds here is a great resource for parts and I'm pretty sure there are a couple there that would work and much cheaper than you're going to find most anywhere else. A lot of used parts turn up just where members have upgraded etc and are just trying to get a few bucks back to cover the cost of the upgrades.
There's nothing in it for me to sell you anything because I'm just a paid member myself, but a paid membership is what you need to gain access to the classifieds here. Helps keep out the riff raff.
A paid membership is well worth the price of admission for the features it opens up on the site.
Good luck and hopefully you'll be up and running before you know it.

Hotolds442
12-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Welcome!