PDA

View Full Version : Any experience in lemgthening recoil pads on the davage stocks for hog hunter 338 win

diego
12-11-2015, 09:42 AM
The rifle feels a little short in my hands, well most rifles do for me. Looking to lengthening the recoil pad to adjust length on a stock 338 win mag hog hunter. Planning on going with the jp enterprise threaded muzzle brake. Any suggestions other than restocking the rifle?

WinnieTheBoom
12-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Your best bet would be to buy another stock for it. Extending the recoil pad isn't going to make much of a difference.

olddav
12-11-2015, 10:30 AM
You might be able to add a spacer between the stock and recoil pad although I'm not sure how the pad attaches to the stock. How much length are you want to add?

bearcatrp
12-11-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.tactilite.com/Adjustable-M-P-Magpul-Pachmayr-Adapter-and-Pad-p/rp-0053.htm
Maybe this could help. Had one on a 50BMG I used to own. Thick sucker. Helped with recoil. Not sure if it would fit but check the measurements to see.

diego
12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

FW Conch
12-11-2015, 03:16 PM
I have long arms and a long neck, so a 13 1/2" length of pull is too short for me also. Except when I am bundled up in hunting clothes, then it's about right. I solved my problem with a Decelerator Slip On Pad. At first I didn't think I would be caught dead with one, but since getting them, they have grown on me. I really like it at the bench, because it really makes me stretch to get to the scope and prevents scope bite. Plus, a doubled up pad is nice with a heavy hitter like your 338. I have a small, medium, and large, and the cheapest way to get them is at Wallmart. They are Decelerator, but the blister pack says Winchester. When I put my hunting garb on I just slip it off and everything fits for that application. Won't cost you much to try it and would give some time to really search for your final solution.

Good Luck...Good Shooting...Jim :-)