PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger mods

brushape
12-09-2015, 07:55 PM
I have the standard accutrigger from a 16 trophy hunter I'm looking to lighten up/improve. I have lightened the factory spring as much as possible but it is not as light or crisp as a tuned 3 screw trigger. Where would I order the lighter target trigger parts and does anyone have the numbers for them? Savage customer service would let me order them as they didn't match my serial number and I am not a gunsmith. Thanks a bunch for any help

short round
12-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Gun Shack may have them.

Hotolds442
12-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Look in the Savage FAQ's, I have all of the individual part numbers there.....

brushape
12-10-2015, 12:21 AM
I'll be putting in the Order with gunshack in the morning that should be pretty sweet thanks for the help

rancher08
12-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if you can use the target spring in a mk2?

AbitNutz
12-10-2015, 05:35 PM
NSS has them. I put one in my rifle and was really happy with the results. Northland Shooting Supply. They're $10.00.

swadiver
12-16-2015, 07:21 AM
i put valve grinding compound on the sear surfaces and dry fired the trigger about a 100 times. i had the adjustment set for the lightest pull when i did it. this dropped the pull weight down to less than 12 ozs. it will go even lower, but not reliably. the downside may be reduced life of the trigger because of the removal of some of the hardened sear surfaces. so far so good, but i recently, i had to readjust the spring tension upward from it's original setting because the trigger started to become unreliable. all in all though, i like it a lot the way it is. keep in mind however, this is a range rifle only.