PDA

View Full Version : inlet non-accustock or get MDT LSS?

jdm-v35
12-08-2015, 10:08 PM
How difficult would it be to inlet a non-accustock on the 116 trophy? It has no bottom metal, but I would get a CDI DBM.

Or should I just go MDT LSS?

psharon97
12-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Careful work with a drimel could get the inlet you want, or you could send the stock off to CDI and let them inlet the stock for you. No matter what, this will set you back ~200 just for the buttom metal, not including shipping.

I run the LSS and it's not without its limitations. The chasis is indeed light weight, but those weight saving come at a price. The forend is short, so you will have to work with that. It is also all aluminum so if you plan on shooting this in the cold, it will sap the heat out of your hands.

Now you can install any AR-15 stock you choose. You may have to get the adapter from MDT.

Honestly, I wouldn't invest money in the Accustock.

psharon97
12-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Careful work with a drimel could get the inlet you want, or you could send the stock off to CDI and let them inlet the stock for you. No matter what, this will set you back ~200 just for the buttom metal, not including shipping.

I run the LSS and it's not without its limitations. The chasis is indeed light weight, but those weight saving come at a price. The forend is short, so you will have to work with that. It is also all aluminum so if you plan on shooting this in the cold, it will sap the heat out of your hands.

Now you can install any AR-15 stock you choose. You may have to get the adapter from MDT.

Honestly, I wouldn't invest money in the Accustock.

jdm-v35
12-09-2015, 06:55 PM
the stock I have is not even an accustock, so debating if it is even worth inletting? The Lss does look good and would definitely be used in the cold. but I like that it is modular. Or I could get a choate stock with CDI bottom

psharon97
12-09-2015, 08:45 PM
I have both, the LSS and a Choate UV. Both are great stocks. Even if you get the Choate tactical with the bells and whistles, it will still be close to what you have to put in to the LSS or the HS3. Personally, I love the LSS I purchased because I was seeking a light weight solution. I wanted to the XLR Carbon Fiber, but I couldn't justify ~900 for the chasis.

jdm-v35
12-09-2015, 10:38 PM
if the LSS will make it even lighter than with the original synthetic stock it is worth it. and like you said, after the bells and whistles the choate almost as much as an LSS. I think that helps me make the decision of lss!

MDTcorp
12-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Keep in mind the LSS-XL has a longer fore end, and does not need an adapter :)
And the HS3 is the same ergonomically, but the polymer side panels help with the cold.

psharon97
12-10-2015, 07:16 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?47276-Custom-260-build

Here is the build I finished using the LSS chasis.

jdm-v35
12-10-2015, 08:19 PM
very nice build!!! I hope to end up with something nice as well! Maybe I will look into the LSS XL

thatguyshm
12-16-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm looking at the LSS-XL for a 300 WM build. Running aisc mags means I can load out further. The standard LSS just doesn't have a long enough fore end for a 29" barrel.

The only other option I've thought about is a Stockade coyote or elk stalker, money saver to finish myself.

jdm-v35
12-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Im still thinking about going with the LSS as I am not planning to go with a fixed stock. Ill wait a bit though until after christmas to start building.

thatguyshm
12-16-2015, 09:59 PM
The xl gives you 3 extra inches on the front end, getting your bipod closer to the muzzle for stability. I'm not sure I want a fixed stock, although I do have a PRS available on an ar10 that doesn't need all that stock, so it's a toss up.

jdm-v35
12-17-2015, 08:18 AM
The extra length may help, but I probably won't be using a bipod since this will be 85% hunting and 15% range gun. Ill still have to think about which route to go. Im in it more for any weight savings and adjustability.