PDA

View Full Version : Put down a deposit

Rick_W
12-08-2015, 08:49 PM
On an Xpress Xplorer XP18CC with a 70HP Yamaha 4-stroke.

If all goes well, I'll take it for a test Monday morning and bring it home shortly after that.

This will be our first boat.

Been in many boats but never owned our own.

Looking forward to spending time at a camp on the Pascagoula River (boat is the only way to it) and fishing the river and near shore.

Jamie
12-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Good deal. Hope you have many fish stories to tell us. Better yet, provide directions for the first fish fry you have after taking it out.

yobuck
12-16-2015, 06:12 PM
On an Xpress Xplorer XP18CC with a 70HP Yamaha 4-stroke.

If all goes well, I'll take it for a test Monday morning and bring it home shortly after that.

This will be our first boat.

Been in many boats but never owned our own.

Looking forward to spending time at a camp on the Pascagoula River (boat is the only way to it) and fishing the river and near shore.

Well i dont quite know wether to say congratulations, or offer my condolences.
But you know better than me that the first thing you do is get the deck apes to holy stone the decks with you yelling at them the whole time. lol

Rick_W
12-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Ha ha - I'll have to be careful referring to the wife as a deck ape.:eek:

This boat is an all welded aluminum bay-style - minimum maintenance.

Had it out yesterday evening doing break-in on the engine.

yobuck
12-17-2015, 12:20 AM
Sounds like a very nice setup, enjoy it. Be carefull trying to restart the Yamaha till your sure its not already running.
I had twin 150 4 strokes on my last boat and they were so quiet at idle i often forgot they were running.
I currently have a 90 horse 2 stroke on a 17' skiff. It gets me up on top quicker than a 4 stroke which is good
in the shallow water i usually run in. But the thing sounds like its coming apart compared to the 4 strokes.

Rick_W
12-17-2015, 09:14 PM
This Yamaha is for sure quiet!

We've been using a friends older 14' Jon boat with a tiller 25 HP 2-stroke Evinrude.

Night and day difference.

Weather and work permitting, we plan on running it for at least one more hour tomorrow to finish up the break-in procedure.

yobuck
12-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Well i arrived back in Florida yesterday after a 6 month stay at the PA camp.
So today ill be toping off the batteries and taking the cover off my boat.
Probably, give it a good cleaning before i start using it again. Note i said probably.

Rick_W
12-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Rain moved in yesterday over here and is supposed to be here until after Christmas...

My luck.

yobuck
12-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Well the 5 day forecast for Driftwood PA calls for mild temps and rain every day. Sounds like hunting season all over again.
Here in Vero Beach its calling for cloudy and low 80s except for sunday when there is a 50 percent chance of rain.
Anyway i ran the cord to the boat to plug in the on board charger. Then while leaning into the boat to connect it i suddenly
had major discomfort around my ankles. There i was standing directly on a fire ant nest i hadnt noticed. So the battery charging
is on hold till the fire ant food takes affect. Apperently they are hungry.

Rick_W
12-24-2015, 09:56 AM
We had almost 2.5" of rain yesterday - 6.6" for the month. Our historical average is just shy of 4.5" for the month of December.

We're running within a couple of degrees of our record highs for December - was 73°F yesterday.

Our 5-day forecast calls for at least a 20% up to 90% chance of rain every day.