PDA

View Full Version : Stock options 111 trophy hunter 30-06

Daver
12-07-2015, 10:37 PM
I have the 111 th long bolt with bottom bolt release and detachable mag.

i am NOT looking at the xlr evolution or chassis type stocks.

i will most likely replace the barrel at some point to a medium Palma profile.

what are the options? Seems the bottom mag release and/or the detachable mag limit the options for whatever reason. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but everything seems to need modification, etc...

i am am looking for something with a hand grip if possible. I seem to prefer the tactical profiles that allow adjustment but that is optional.

Intentions are are long range hunting and I may try to dabble with long range competition shooting with local guys to see how I like it.

A balance of weight and comfort are important.

Any my help would be great.

Sites, model numbers, lists, etc...

thanks!!

Londerko
12-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Boyd's, they make it for your pre existing bottom metal and magazine setup. You can modify all you want... If you just want a nice stock and reasonable I like theses 2:
Pro Varmint if you want the tactical look and feel.
Prairie Hunter if you want more traditional Monte Carlo hunting stock

Daver
12-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Boyd's, they make it for your pre existing bottom metal and magazine setup. You can modify all you want... If you just want a nice stock and reasonable I like theses 2:
Pro Varmint if you want the tactical look and feel.
Prairie Hunter if you want more traditional Monte Carlo hunting stock

Thanks. I looked at these but it seems their stocks are only for a factory barrel. Anyone know of that is the case?

Londerko
12-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Ya...... But it's wood. Very easy to open up the barrel channel. They do sell some bull barrel options, but I prefer getting the sporter barrel channel and opening it up just enough for my barrel to fit.

Bolthead
12-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Easy to open up with a deep well socket and some sandpaper.