PDA

View Full Version : Savage 212: 212 scope??? and loads??

glennsjr
12-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Hello everyone, Ended up buying a 212 slug gun. I see the distance between the rings is going to be long and will narrow down what scope I can use. I think a Leupold base for the round 110 will fit and allow me to use a shotgun scope. Will you guys with 212 tell me what you did about the scope. Also what slugs are you shooting?? I know I know but if I can get a few ideas I will start there and go from there up until I find something that shoots good. Thanks guys

Robinhood
12-06-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't know which Leupold base you are talking about but if any of the Picatinny or Weaver multi slot rails will give you all kinds of short scope options.

J.Baker
12-09-2015, 03:19 AM
The newer 212 and 220 actions are a different diameter than the 110's so 110 mounts won't fit properly. You need a mount specifically for a 212.

Best option for mounting a scope on these slug guns is to use a full rail like this one from EGW (http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=product&id=584). Using a rail allows you to place the rings as close together or as far apart as needed for any scope you want to use. It also gives you plenty of room to move the rings fore or aft to ensure proper eye relief with most any scope.

As for loads, most guys I've talked to seem to be getting good results from Remington's Premier AccuTip and the Hornady SST's.