PDA

View Full Version : Reinserting a Staggerfeed Mag box

Rosco
12-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Anybody have any Tips or Tricks on how to reinstall the Mag box on a Staggerfeed Action? It wasn't to difficult to remove but when I tried to put it back in I am afraid of damaging the feed lips when sliding it in sideways. Is their a way you can rock it in front to back or vica versa?

big honkin jeep
12-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Yep it's a piece of cake. Stop what you're doing so you don't break one of the little flanges, warp it, or pop it loose at the seam.
Start the little flange on the mag in one of the grooves on the bottom of the action. Then put the other lip against the bottom of the action where it ramps down to the groove the mag flange fits in. Take a large flat screw driver and place it against the flange and then give the screwdriver a firm bump downward. The mag flange will jump down the little ramp and pop right into place.
Nothing to it.

Rosco
12-05-2015, 01:30 AM
Sounds good ..but think I need picture.

JW
12-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Here ya go Rosco
Thanks to Boots
http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?269-How-To-Remove-Your-Blind-Mag-Body-and-Follower-(SF-and-CF)

big honkin jeep
12-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Yep there's the pic, I just put the screwdriver like the next to the last pic from the bottom and bump it firmly and they pop right in.
Good luck

Rosco
12-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Thank you sir, exactly what I was looking for.

Rosco
12-05-2015, 03:59 PM
That took a lot more effort to get back in than expected. Ended up putting it in a vise and using a lot of force. But hey it works!!

foxx
12-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I hit the screwdriver with a quick, hard hammer blow. Scary how hard you gotta hit it.