PDA

View Full Version : First build on post 1995 110 30/06

Warrick
11-29-2015, 10:24 PM
I am building myself a hunting rifle I can use here in Indiana, since the law was tabled to allow me to use my 30/06 I bought new in 1996. I have ordered my 450 bushmaster barrell from Apache gun works specs 20" varmint contour, 11 Degree Crown blued. I also plan to pillar and glass bed the savage wood stock.
I have read and watched videos like crazy the last two weeks. I am very mechanically inclined and have been surprised how easy the savage is to work on. I was always a little intimidated to work on guns till I started reading on here and watching you tube videos. But non the less I am a noob to this and I am very excited about this adventure. The only real concern I have is making the rifle feed smoothly once it is complete.
I will keep you guys posted on the progress and I am sure I will have some questions along the way.

big honkin jeep
11-29-2015, 10:57 PM
The .450BM is a beast. I have a buddy getting crazy velocity with lil gun in his AR.
Good luck with your project

Warrick
11-30-2015, 08:09 AM
The .450BM is a beast. I have a buddy getting crazy velocity with lil gun in his AR.
Good luck with your project

Thank you. I hope to be at the range this spring.