PDA

View Full Version : I must have gotten the one built on Wednesday.

SteveCal
11-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Thru a deal I acquired a brand new Savage Axis .223 with Weaver scope rail and rings, a Bushnell AR223 BDC scope. I put the first rounds thru it (that I know of).

I put 30 rounds thru it first time out (ran out of ammo). Comfortable to mount and shoot. I would fire, check the target and adjust scope, fire, check the target and adjust scope. Maybe a minute between shots. Warm barrel didn't seem to effect POI.

The trigger is very comfortable to me. Smooth trigger. I don't know how many pounds pull but it not very heavy at all.

The only problem I had was loading rounds into the magazine. But I blame that on my beat up old hands.

My favorite caliber (after the 7mm rem mag). Light weight. Smooth trigger. Good scope. Yep. I like this rifle. One of the few 'out of the box', ready to go rifles I've ever acquired.

Just in time for deer and hog day after tomorrow. (Oh. And I "have" taken deer and hogs with .223. One shot.)

DrThunder88
11-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Great! If people have one complaint about the Axis, it's the trigger. If it suits your tastes, even better!

J.Baker
11-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Magazines are pretty easy to load if you're doing it right. They're designed to have the rounds pushed straight down through the feed lips, not slipped in under them from the front.

SteveCal
11-28-2015, 12:18 AM
Magazines are pretty easy to load if you're doing it right. They're designed to have the rounds pushed straight down through the feed lips, not slipped in under them from the front.

Now ya tell me. LOL. I didn't even notice. Will try that. Thanks.