PDA

View Full Version : "Secure" Email Servers

Appleseed
11-21-2015, 09:44 AM
The provider I use, (there's no options in the area), is horrible. They screwed around and lost access to google platform mail a few months ago. MANY of us using the new platform have been hacked, our address lists were stolen. After hours and hours on the phone with techs in NV, (at least most of them speak english), they say it's fixed...it's NOT!

I guess my next move is to change my address and move to another platform? This will be a problem after six years with the address, all my business/professional contacts will need changing. This provider doesn't mix to outlook. Any suggestions for a "secure" web-based platform, one that doesn't have popups and ads like yahoo?

Stockrex
11-21-2015, 10:47 AM
google,
do you have your own domain?

Appleseed
11-21-2015, 11:08 AM
No domain or webpage. I'll probably have to go to the trouble of mass blind mailing the entire contacts list. If I use the providers domain, they have only web based mail with a crappy "marriage" to outlook.

Stockrex
11-21-2015, 11:21 AM
appleseed,
I don't understand your problem,

Secure email something we use in healthcare and is required by law,

Are you looking for a reliable email provider?
I use google for gmail and my private domain emails.

your account was stolen/spoofed

one problem that you will face is that your current email will probably be rejected as spam by some email systems.

You are on the correct path, get a new email address and communicate that to you address book BUT as BCC

Appleseed
11-21-2015, 12:22 PM
My email address is already being rejected by many. Guess after changing email provider and address, call the current provider and disable. Changing the password and "their 72 hour fix" did nothing to help.

Robinhood
11-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Is### good enough ? Sorry, I meant Hushmail.

Stockrex
11-21-2015, 06:46 PM
gmail is the best you can get free,
the mail server is not the problem
the PROBLEM is your password, and you probably have virus on your pc/lappy.

put in a strong password like:
savagefcpsrrockssogut&$$$$$

and keep adding a $ sign every month

Appleseed
11-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Incorrect: passwords change. The problem is a hack to the provider. It's a well discussed problem on their own help site. PC has through cleaning, thanks for your suggestion, not the problem however. Read a bunch yesterday eve. Provider recently went through an "email system migration," it didn't go well. I'm one of many having the same problem according to their own techs. This is a satellite system, their customer rating is less than 1 in reviews, just a bit better than nothing. Their web based format was google platform, evidently the provider got the boot and that's when problems started.

My licenses/certification and all my business/edu contacts are linked to the address, it will take many hours of form changes to insure a new email is re-registered correctly.