PDA

View Full Version : Custom Accu Trigger in Axis 308 HB

triehl27
11-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Well I thought I had finished my Axis HB... um guess not. I couldn't find the accu trigger I wanted to put in it, so I ordered another one. This one I only ground down the "ears" til it was a snug fit, from there I hand stoned it down equally on each side til it was just free moving, in the trigger housing. In this way, instead of just grinding down the ears to flat with the sides, I utilize them in reducing the side to side wiggle. 1 Coke can shim later, with a dab of tetra grease and that is one smooth trigger.

Issue: trigger weight, I don't know how they claim 1.5# with the stock OEM spring, as mine wouldn't go below 5# once it was in the Axis. An Ebay spring brought it down to 3.94lbs, finally tried a Accu trigger target spring, which came down to 1.1lbs, BUT wouldn't reset the sear so that when I ran the bolt, it would come all the way out like I was cleaning it. No Bueno. I polished the faces of the metal, where the sear rides, and the blade top to a mirror slick finish. With the Target spring in, it just didn't have the omph to reset the sear.

The final solution was to is the size 10 pan head stainless 3/8" bolt from my Axis trigger, and the Hillman Spring again. Nice 2.22lbs, with 100% reliable reset.

The main goal of this swap was to gain the safety blade. Which I accomplished. I like my rifles around 2#. This one has a tad more travel then I would like but I'll shim it at some point.

Rosco
11-20-2015, 10:06 PM
I pulled the spring completely out of my Axis Trigger and it still pulled at 3lbs. Glad you got it figured out!!!

rfd12fv
11-21-2015, 08:22 AM
i took the easy way out - timney for the 308 and basix for the 223 :cool:

Robinhood
11-21-2015, 12:06 PM
This Thread is Worthless Without Pics.