PDA

View Full Version : Savage 116 SS action only?

jf239
11-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Is there somewhere a person can buy a stainless steel action only? Or should i plan on just buying a rifle and junking everthing but the action?

barrel-nut
11-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Become a paid member and watch the classifieds. Or contact Jim Briggs at Northland Shooter's Supply and he may have one. Check your local pawnshops.

Bolthead
11-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. I bought a 116 on an on-line auction as a complete but somewhat beat up rifle. Tupperware stock was beyond using, but action and barrel were in very good shape. Barrel-nut has some very good suggestions. There was one just sold in the classifieds here. What is the build plan?

jf239
11-17-2015, 09:39 PM
? I want to build one in stainless cause i have never had a stainless rifle before. I am just getting everthing to begin learning how to barrel savage rifles. What i really would like to build is a 28 nosler and shoot the 195bergers. But i haven't decided totally.

Bolthead
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM
You will not find a better, more knowledgeable bunch of people that are more than willing to answer questions and share information about the Savage rifle. Like barrel-nut says, become a paid member and have unlimited access to information on this site, including gunsmithing articles and the classifieds. Money well spent, and it's cheap. My 116 is a work in progress, but thanks to this forum, I am comfortable knowing that I am headed in the right direction to get where I want to go. Advice from here has also saved me from some costly mistakes, so do not hesitate to ask if you can't find what you are looking for.