PDA

View Full Version : 'Absolute Zero Sniper Match' at Frontline Defense in NC

upSLIDEdown
11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
This is a stage from a semi-local match (2.5-3 hrs away) that I decided to try out not long ago. Most of the matches I shoot are tactical type 'PRS style' matches. I debated on trying to shoot PRS this year, but so far can't bring myself to commit. Just so much money. Ugh. Anyway, this is at a range in NC called Frontline Defense. All stages were 90 seconds, with 10 shots from multiple positions.

This stage had two distances, the 1st target was 162yds and the 2nd was 500 yds. 2 shots on each target from the hood (I almost forgot the 2nd target...lol), and then 2 shots on the 500yd target from each subsequent position. The match had targets ranging from 162 yds out to 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzl20t2he08

DrThunder88
11-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Looks really cool! What were you shooting?

LongRange
11-17-2015, 09:18 AM
fantastic shooting USD!!

i love to shoot the PRS matches but i just dont have the time with my job.

upSLIDEdown
11-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Looks really cool! What were you shooting?

My Axis build chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

fantastic shooting USD!!

i love to shoot the PRS matches but i just dont have the time with my job.

Thanks man! It was a blast!

upSLIDEdown
11-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Here's another stage from that match. 700yd target (same target each time), again, 10 shots in 90 seconds, 2 from each position. All positions were resting the rifle on railroad ties (including the prone, no bipod). Prone, kneeling, standing, kneeling, prone. When I got to the standing, I was having trouble staying steady and controlling my breathing and heartrate, so I sent the 2nd shot as soon as I saw the target, knowing I had limited time, and wanting to get back to something more comfortable instead of wasting time and still not hitting the target standing. I shaved just enough time to send that last one at the buzzer and got the hit. Talk about down to the wire... lol

https://youtu.be/gWcDLjLB-9g

LongRange
11-17-2015, 04:14 PM
again fantastic shooting...thats great practice and you learn your weak positions and can work on them...personally i think id need a lot of work at all but prone.

upSLIDEdown
11-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Exactly. I definitely need barricade work, but it's much better than it used to be.

LongRange
11-18-2015, 09:13 AM
a sling may help?

upSLIDEdown
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
I've got one, I just need to practice with it. I just recently installed flush cups on this rifle, and man oh man what a difference that made. Carrying the rifle, slinging up with the rifle, everything. Now I just need to find practice time, and a place to practice. lol That's my main drawback is not really having somewhere I can shoot regularly.

LongRange
11-18-2015, 04:59 PM
thats whats nice where i live...15mins and im at my spot...takes longer to set up than it does to get there.

Stockrex
11-18-2015, 06:47 PM
thats whats nice where i live...15mins and im at my spot...takes longer to set up than it does to get there.
lucky dogg :-)
it is 40 mins for me to get there and then there is setup time and chit chat time and then about 2 hours later get off few rounds and it is time to start back home!

Op, great shooting! do drills without ammo, you will see you are more relaxed