PDA

View Full Version : HEARING PROTECTION ACT HR 3799 Take suppressors off NFA list!

missed
11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Need Action! Hearing Protection Act 3799

Action needed, please read. ASA (American Suppressor Association) has helped introduce a bill that would remove suppressors from the NFA Act. The link below is a form that creates a draft email that is sent on your behalf directly to your Congressional representative regarding passage of this bill. I (and several friends) have already sent ours and we received replies from our congressmen within a few minutes of sending email; automated replies but a reply nonetheless.

PLEASE... PLEASE.... PLEASE Click below, fill it in and press send. It should only take 15-45 seconds and maybe - just MAYBE - we as a community can help make the purchase of a suppressor less costly, time consuming or both!

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/

Please send this link to friends, shooting buddies, family members, range officers, clubs, etc etc. to keep driving momentum towards passage of H.R. 3799

Good shooting and lets keep pushing!

Leave a reply below after you've sent your email if you can as it shows that we are supporting the act, whether or not it is able to pass on the first attempt.

Stockrex
11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
I will send it out. bout time.

nrar15
11-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Sent mine this will suck losing my 200.00 tax. But I will be able to suppress all my guns without the hassle we have now.

DrThunder88
11-14-2015, 05:37 AM
Keep in mind you can edit the form letter the ASA provides. I wrote a little reminder at the top of mine about the two shooting ranges our district has in densely-populated and growing suburban areas. Noise pollution is another factor for your reps to consider.

psharon97
11-14-2015, 10:29 AM
If it passes as is, that would be great. I would love to have the option to suppress my firearms without the need to ask permission from the BATFE. Interestingly, in Europe, at least from what I've heard, they do not regulate suppressors like we do in the US. One of the concerns I have, is that another regulatory agency makes a rule that says something along these lines: all guns must be suppressed for your "safety".

missed
11-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Yes England is very pro suppressor. I have a buddy that lives there. The club he is a member of suppressors are required for anything supersonic, or if they deem to loud.

mudpig
11-14-2015, 04:20 PM
right on! sending mine out now

EFBell
11-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Don't hold your breath...

missed
11-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Don't hold your breath...
I'm not, but being optimistic. The more people that take action and contact there representatives, the more drive they will have behind it. This is the first time a bill has been presented to remove items from the NFA list. We will see, my kids shoot with suppressors on, not only can I communicate better with them but there ears are not exposed to the noise. My suppressed 10\22 sounds like a sewing machine with Norma TAC in it.

mudpig
11-14-2015, 10:46 PM
The more the ASA educates lawmakers and the more that We the People voice up, the better the chance it will have

J.Baker
11-14-2015, 11:37 PM
The president of the ASA has already stated that he doesn't expect this to pass this go-round, but it's the first step. Even if by some miracle it would pass in both the House and Senate we all know Obama would veto it and their wouldn't be enough votes to override the veto. The tide is changing though - just look at how many states allow hunting with suppressors now.

missed
11-14-2015, 11:40 PM
The president of the ASA has already stated that he doesn't expect this to pass this go-round, but it's the first step. Even if by some miracle it would pass in both the House and Senate we all know Obama would veto it and their wouldn't be enough votes to override the veto. The tide is changing though - just look at how many states allow hunting with suppressors now.
That is exactly it, just takes attention to get the momentum. There is a possibility we will see.

Russ77
11-15-2015, 12:21 AM
Wish I didn't live in California

Stockrex
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Wish I didn't live in California

actually, well, now that I think about it, in reality, CALI should have been sponsoring this bill. Yeap, how many adults, kids, grandpas, grandmas have to lose their hearing before to step up the plate and take care of public health issue!

;-)

missed
11-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Every little bit helps. Just gotta get the boat turned in the right direction.

Stockrex
11-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Well, I for one will have my 12 year old write a letter to our dear president.
She has had tubes in her ear and though she loves to shoot, the noise does a number on her.
As I mentioned above it is a public health issue.

"bringing sound level down from damaging levels"
http://jacksonrifles.com/zz-silencers/uklicensing.htm