PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 Scout- front sight options?

gadgetguy1288
11-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I want to buy a model 11 Scout for a general purpose rifle(I'll end up with either a low power variable scope or a red dot most likely), but I dislike 2 things about it.

1) The Bottom metal- for the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't keep the AI compatible bottom medal. Their new mags have one of the worst reputations in the industry, and every one that I've handled in gun shops is less than satisfactory to say the least. This problem is easily rectified by replacing it with an aftermarket DBM.

2) The front sight. I like the shape and look, but I hate that its not changeable. If your going to make a fixed front sight like that, at least give it a fiber optic bead or something like that to make it more visible. Under anything but bright lights, or against a dark background, you can't even see it.

Has anyone been successful at replacing/modifying the front sight to make it more visible? I contacted Williams to see if they make or will make a replacement for it, but I'm not holding my breath for a positive answer since the rifle is such a niche market, and the part would only fit one rifle.

J.Baker
11-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Birshwood Casey sells a set of sight pens in white, day-glow orange and neon green. Quick and easy fix.

http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Super-Bright-Green/dp/B00JSAE234

gadgetguy1288
11-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Bump! Anyone? Don't like the idea of just painting the front site.

sharpshooter
11-22-2015, 11:34 PM
If you feel it already has 2 strikes against it, don't buy it.