PDA

View Full Version : lokking for answers

JamesMGreene
11-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Hello all, hey I am looking for some answers to a few questions about my Savage Model 110 no initials , serial # F117*** long action chambered in .270 win, wood stock, I am wanting to find the date of mfg and info about the size of the barrel shank is it a small one or a large one , I am thinking I would like to rebarrel the rifle with a heavier barrel , at the moment the rifle shoots fine smooth action and a crisp trigger, I just received this rifle from my sister as my brother in law just passed away and she knows I will cherish it, she also knows I love to hunt and target shoot I am thinking I would like to replace the barrel as I've stated to better fit my needs any help would be greatly appreciated , thank you...

J.Baker
11-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Manufacture date would fall in the 1988-1995 range, and given the low number I'd say it would be somewhere in the lower half of that range.

As for barrel shank size, that will be a small shank as Savage didn't use the large shank size until shortly after they started offering the WSM cartridges in 2001.

JamesMGreene
11-09-2015, 10:11 PM
thank you MrFurious