PDA

View Full Version : Putting a .308 Hog Hunter in a .223 Precision Carbine Stock

libertyman777
11-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Ok, I think this will work but I want to make sure. I have a hog Hunter in .308. Love the rifle but not fond of the factory stock. It has a blind magazine. I've been looking for a donor action to work with for another project and have located a model 10 precision carbine in .223. Can I drop the hog hunter into the PC stock and just buy an appropriate magazine in .308? Also, I'm planning on using the heavy choate ultimate sniper stock for my project gun. Will the box, spring and follower in the hog Hunter stick work with the choate stock?

Thanks,

Paul

J.Baker
11-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Pretty sure the Precision Carbine stock is an AccuStock, and thus would need the matching recoil lug. If you're tearing down the PC for the action you'd have the lug to put on the Hog Hunter, but chances are nearly 100% that when you change the lug out the barrel won't index the same when the headspace is set and your open sights won't be aligned properly.

libertyman777
11-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Pretty sure the Precision Carbine stock is an AccuStock, and thus would need the matching recoil lug. If you're tearing down the PC for the action you'd have the lug to put on the Hog Hunter, but chances are nearly 100% that when you change the lug out the barrel won't index the same when the headspace is set and your open sights won't be aligned properly.

Very good info. Is there another acceptable stock option for the hog hunter?