PDA

View Full Version : A17/A22 Series: A17 report

Beatlebailey
11-02-2015, 03:02 PM
This is my first post so I'd like to say hi to everyone here and thanks for the vast knowledge shared here. I just purchased a new A17 from Wallyworld. I've been looking at them and reading reviews since I found out Savage was going to make this rifle and 380 bones seemed like a decent price. I mounted a Nikon Monarch 3x9-40 with weaver hi mounts so the dust cover could clear the rear bell of the scope. I picked up a box of CCI A17 ammo to see how it would run. I sighted in an 1/2 inch low at 25 yards. That put me dead on at 75 yards. I wasn't shooting from a bench. Just using the back of a chair to help stabilize my shots. I had it shooting a group I could cover with a dime at 25 yards. Moved the target out to 75 yards and shot minute of squirrel with basically no support. I'm sure with a proper bench and rest this rifle will be very accurate. Also I had zero issues with feeding rounds out of the 60 rounds fired. I will say this. This rifle slings brass 20 to 30 feet so anyone standing on the ejection side is subject to getting beamed with hot brass. My wife can attest to this. I stood back about 30 feet when my wife was shooting and I was catching the brass when it was buzzing by. I got this for a small game rifle and can't wait to see how it does on squirrels and bunnies

c414gr
11-19-2015, 12:50 AM
My A17 has quickly become my favorite rifle. I had a couple of issues with the trigger and mag dropping out but Savage took care of it and it's amazing now. Glad to hear you're enjoying your A17 and welcome to the forum.

Lonewulf
01-06-2016, 11:01 PM
luv my A17 also :) just got a new Boyds featherweight thumbhole for it, my only rifle I like better is my HB B-Mag 17WSM :) if it was semi auto I would kick the old lady outa bed and put it on her side LOL