PDA

View Full Version : New to the savage platform need aftermarket advice.

southtexastrophyoutfitter
11-02-2015, 12:24 AM
So i just picked up my first savage and pretty excited at the modularity. Been shooting 700's and actions based on them so this is all new to me.

First off, i have a centerfeed model 11 in 308win that is a blind mag/adl configuration with bolt release on top by bolt handle. What is confusing me is A.) The blind mag is attached to the stock and appears to be a fixed part of the stock, not like an adl rem 700??? B.) What parts do i need if i order a boyds Prarie Hunter stock. Since the internal mag seems to be attached.

Will the Hogue model #11904 top loading box mag short action be the correct stock if i want to keep blind mag configuration with my sporter barrel?

All your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Txhillbilly
11-02-2015, 12:47 AM
The center feed magazines are held in place with a "L" shaped clip. Just use a small screwdriver and pry up on the L clip to remove the magazine from the stock.
If you want to change over to a detachable magazine style rifle,you can order the bottom metal and the bottom base that snaps onto the blind magazine box that your rifle has,and then order a stock for a DBM.

I shoot LH,so I can't help with a B&C stock since they don't make any for a LH rifle.

jpdown
11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Your Savage SA, CF will work in a number of aftermarket stocks, especially if you want to use a blind magazine setup. You will need to order a Savage (model10, 11, 12, 14, or 16) SA, CF (4.40"), BM stock with top/side bolt release. The Boyd's or Houge will work. Also check out the Bell & Carlson Classic Sporter Medalist.

11-04-2015, 01:18 AM
4.0" or 4.4"??? I measured spacing with calipers and hole spacing is 4.40"

J.Baker
11-04-2015, 07:51 AM
4.0" or 4.4"??? I measured spacing with calipers and hole spacing is 4.40"

I fixed it for him.

11-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Will a b&c duramaxx work?

clintsrv
11-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Duramaxx have 4.27 SF spacing.

You can modify it though if you wanted to install a CF 4.4 action. Relocate the front pillar and bed or shim the CF mag in place.
The mag opening is larger on SF stocks than it is on CF stocks.