PDA

View Full Version : My First Savage - 10FP-SR .308 Build

jwood1284
11-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

I thought it would be a good time to post a pic of my first Savage rifle, and first "tactical" style rifle for long range shooting. I picked this up from Buds a few months ago for $550 before they sold out. I had the SWFA SS 10x42 laying around and wanted to take a different route on the mounting system so I thought I'd try a DNZ tactical 20MOA mount. Simple, rock solid, and lightweight; it also looks great on the rifle. I have already purchased new Savage DBM bottom metal for a future stock upgrade to a McMillan M40A1 or HTG. I've owned Winchester, Remington, and Ruger hunting rifles in the past, but now I want another Savage to build as a dedicated hunting rifle! I'm excited about entering the world of Savage Shooters and look forward to banging steel and putting meat in the freezer with them! Enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/qyQLgRn.jpg?1

Bolthead
11-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sweet gun. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. Be careful though, they are very addiction. Folks on this forum have been known to build another gun just so they could use an extra scope they had laying around. There is a tremendous wealth of information and experience on here that is only a question or search away.