PDA

View Full Version : Model 116 in 25-06

Romero14
10-31-2015, 10:30 AM
I left the local store with my brand new trophy hunter xp model 116 in 25-06 now I need to decide what to change. I know the rings and bases are cheap so I need some advice on which ones to get. I also want to switch out the stock for a Boyd's. Not sure if the Nikon BDC that came mounted is decent or not.

godale
10-31-2015, 11:49 AM
look for a burris signature rings, try a bushnell 3200 if you can get one . or maybe a nikon prostaff or vortex diamond back

big honkin jeep
11-02-2015, 02:13 AM
Clean the bore grab some ammo and start breaking it in and generating some brass for hand loading.
It will probably shoot very well as is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you feel the rings and bases that are on it now are that inferior then it's hard to go wrong with a set of standard Leupold or Burris bases and rings.
If you want the standard by which hunting scopes have been judged for decades then a Leupold VX3 is the answer. They are pricy to some people but they are dependable, they last and they hold their value. On a tight budget I'd go with a Burris E1. In my opinion their are quickly diminishing returns in performance for the money spent once you get past the Burris E1.