PDA

View Full Version : Magpul 5 rounders are now shipping!

Kadams1563
10-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Hopefully the 10 rounders are not too far along so I can get a few.

psharon97
10-28-2015, 10:56 AM
I just ordered one, thanks for the heads up!! I'll post a review of it once it arrives and I finish my 260 build.

joe h
11-11-2015, 11:40 AM
AICS mags?

Kadams1563
11-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Yea the 5 round AICS compatible mags.

J.Baker
11-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Am I the only one that see's the irony here? Everyone complains about the factory plastic magazines because they only hold 9 rounds so they spend the money to buy different bottom metal that uses the 10-round AICS metal magazines. Now they're all flocking to buy plastic 5-round AICS magazines from Magpul.

:crazy:

psharon97
11-14-2015, 08:50 PM
The only reason I have a 5 round magazine in my rifle is to legally hunt with it. I've never had a Savage bottom metal in any of my rifles, so I can't comment on the quality of the savage magazines.

Kadams1563
11-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Am I the only one that see's the irony here? Everyone complains about the factory plastic magazines because they only hold 9 rounds so they spend the money to buy different bottom metal that uses the 10-round AICS metal magazines. Now they're all flocking to buy plastic 5-round AICS magazines from Magpul.

:crazy:

It's not that we are flocking to buy the 5 rounders. It's that we are actually getting Magpul mags that were due years ago. I'm waiting the 10 rounders.

missed
11-14-2015, 10:21 PM
I just bought a couple to try them. I like them better than my alpha mags except for the fact that there single stack. They feed like chit through a milk fed goose. They need to hurry up with the ten rounders.

nso123
12-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I am anxious to see the 10 rounders. I have 10 of them on pre-order through one of my distributors who claims that I will be the first order the distributor fills. There is also some potential for their magwell to be able to be fitted in a BDL inlet on a stock in the Remington world.

psharon97
12-06-2015, 01:51 PM
I just bought a couple to try them. I like them better than my alpha mags except for the fact that there single stack. They feed like chit through a milk fed goose. They need to hurry up with the ten rounders.

I've found that by bending the feed lips has helped with feeding issues.

Streetwalker
12-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Anyone know if these mags will work in a FCP 10 HS?

missed
12-20-2015, 08:06 PM
As long as it's aics mag compatible

Streetwalker
12-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Let's try it this way.

1. Did the 10 FCP HS ever come with AICS compatible mags?

2. How can I tell if it's compatible WITHOUT first buying a AICS mag?

Vanilla Gorilla
01-18-2016, 12:33 AM
You know Magpul never fails to amaze me. I have tons of AR stuff and Glock mags and everything that i have gotten from them has been top notch. I wasn't gonna do a DBM conversion on my rifles because of the cost of mags but now that they have come out with these i might reconsider this option.

missed
01-18-2016, 01:04 AM
Let's try it this way.

1. Did the 10 FCP HS ever come with AICS compatible mags?

2. How can I tell if it's compatible WITHOUT first buying a AICS mag?
Is your mag latch in the front or back? If it's in the front it's NOT ai compatible. Why don't you post a few pictures of the mag that goes in it.

I have a few of the 5 round mag pulls. I'm waiting for the 10 round. I'm real happy with them. They feed great

Streetwalker
02-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Is your mag latch in the front or back? If it's in the front it's NOT ai compatible. Why don't you post a few pictures of the mag that goes in it.

I have a few of the 5 round mag pulls. I'm waiting for the 10 round. I'm real happy with them. They feed great

Thanks! That's the info I needed. Mag catch is in the front.

doctnj
02-16-2016, 08:40 AM
I have a couple and they will only collect dust. I have to make my cartridges very short to feed in the magpul. The feed lips, at least in the ones I have, are hard plastic and not adjustable to allow the bullet to pop up unless you seat the bullet to a pretty short oal. If I can help it I would like to keep my oal to what I want and not have it dictated by the mag quite as much. I already have it shorter than my target length to feed out of the aics metal mags. Im not going to push it in another tenth as this is what it looks like I need to do. Im sure factory rounds will feed just fine. Dont know what they are currently going for but I think I paid 40 per mag at a gun show a couple months back and will never use them. If it wasnt such a pia I would sell them. Brand new.

Now if magpul put out metal mags less than 75 bucks I would look at them.

missed
02-17-2016, 10:35 AM
There $32 at Midway, I want to get another one. But I really need some 10 round mags.