PDA

View Full Version : New Varmint action tips

Kadams1563
10-27-2015, 02:51 PM
I just received my Varmint action from NSS. It's the stainless with the stainless accutrigger and the DBM. What I want to know is where do I need to polish to smooth the action out? Also what can I do to smooth the bolt lift? It will be a little while before it gets a barrel put on it so I figured I would take the time to do some smoothing work before that happens. If anyone can send me pics of where to polish it would be awesome. Also is the bolt head the only thing dragging on the rails? Just looking at where to oil/grease.

GaCop
10-30-2015, 07:41 AM
Frankly, I'd just take it out and shoot it after grease/lubing the bolt lugs and the cocking cam pin. I use TW25b and it works great. Put a bit of grease on the baffle's cocking cam surface too. Working the bolt will help smooth things up on a new action. If you want to do polishing, hit the cam surface on the bolt body.

Iowa Fox
10-31-2015, 08:56 PM
Frankly, I'd just take it out and shoot it after grease/lubing the bolt lugs and the cocking cam pin. I use TW25b and it works great. Put a bit of grease on the baffle's cocking cam surface too. Working the bolt will help smooth things up on a new action. If you want to do polishing, hit the cam surface on the bolt body.

Gotta love that tw25. Pricey but darn good stuff. Good recomendation byGaCop, I wouldn't polish anything as sometimes its easy to over do it the tw25 will do it for you when you start shooting it.