PDA

View Full Version : Savage Intro Competition Rifle

Pages : 1 [2]

WinnieTheBoom
01-24-2016, 11:08 AM
How do you like the PA scope? Just ordered a second one for my RPR and was thinking about using it for tac matches, just wasn't sure how it'd hold up to the rigors of competitive shooting.

LongRange
01-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Rosco whats it weighing in at?

Rosco
01-24-2016, 02:14 PM
How do you like the PA scope? Just ordered a second one for my RPR and was thinking about using it for tac matches, just wasn't sure how it'd hold up to the rigors of competitive shooting.

For the money, I still think it is the best value FFP on the market. Shot it out to 1000yrds on a different gun and haven't had a single problem out of it. If everything works out, this will be going with me to MOST Competition at DEC in March, so we will see how it works out.
A buddy I shoot with bought one and swore the glass was nearly as good as his Bushnell ERS which cost him around $1400.00. If you can live the standard MIL-DOT reticle then I would highly suggest it. Sometimes you can even find the blemished version (which I have) on Ebay for $189.00 which is a steal.

Rosco
01-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Rosco whats it weighing in at?

With an empty mag and the 6-9' Harris Bipod attached it comes in at around 11.5 pounds. Pretty happy with the weight, but I am not sure how the 20' barrel is going to play out.

LongRange
01-24-2016, 05:55 PM
thats a nice weight and i think the 20" barrel will be fine especially if you run 123s and turn the heat up a little.

WinnieTheBoom
01-24-2016, 08:04 PM
For the money, I still think it is the best value FFP on the market. Shot it out to 1000yrds on a different gun and haven't had a single problem out of it. If everything works out, this will be going with me to MOST Competition at DEC in March, so we will see how it works out.
A buddy I shoot with bought one and swore the glass was nearly as good as his Bushnell ERS which cost him around $1400.00. If you can live the standard MIL-DOT reticle then I would highly suggest it. Sometimes you can even find the blemished version (which I have) on Ebay for $189.00 which is a steal.

Good deal, that's basically my thinking. I love the one on my AR and I couldn't come up with a better option for the money. Will be interested to see how it holds up in some of the comps that you shoot this spring.

As for the barrel, 20" is probably shorter than ideal for a 6.5 Creedmoor, but I think it will be manageable with lighter bullets. Definitely looking to see how it shoots and what kind of velocities you're getting out of it.

Rosco
01-24-2016, 09:54 PM
thats a nice weight and i think the 20" barrel will be fine especially if you run 123s and turn the heat up a little.

Haven't yet gotten into the Vodoo that is reloading, so I am limited to factory ammo. The 120's Amax's are probably going to be trans-sonic around 900 yds so I am going to stick with the 140 ELD's.

Rosco
01-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Good deal, that's basically my thinking. I love the one on my AR and I couldn't come up with a better option for the money. Will be interested to see how it holds up in some of the comps that you shoot this spring.

As for the barrel, 20" is probably shorter than ideal for a 6.5 Creedmoor, but I think it will be manageable with lighter bullets. Definitely looking to see how it shoots and what kind of velocities you're getting out of it.

I was able to get it zeroed earlier today, but they were closing the range so I still need to get out the MagnetoSpeed. Will post results over in the Range Report forum.

Recoil was a little more than I expected and still throws me off my cheek weld about half the time. Need to work on that.

WinnieTheBoom
01-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Did you try shooting both with and without the brake on it? I'd be interested to see the difference in recoil if there is any.

Rosco
01-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Did you try shooting both with and without the brake on it? I'd be interested to see the difference in recoil if there is any.

Yes there was a significant reduction in recoil, from without the brake, but still just a little to much.

Sam5300
01-27-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm waiting on a 20" creedmoor barrel from apache right now. This thread is killing me! Good looking rig!

Rosco
01-27-2016, 09:21 PM
You won't be disappointed!! And thanks..