PDA

View Full Version : FCP-SR The good and the bad.

Bluefalcon
10-20-2015, 09:16 PM
So I just put money down on s FCP-SR.They are on back order from savage. Not looking to shoot competitions, just trying to tighten my shot group at medium to long range marksmanship. I chose this rifle over the 700 sps tactical. If you guys can school me up on some stuff that works well and **** to stay away from. I'm diffently not new too shooting, just new to bolt guns.

pepper savage 111
10-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Do you reload? That will be your best bet in terms of finding maximum accuracy for your rig. Other than that, good glass and practice and you should be good to go. Is it the accustock(aluminum bedding block)?

Bluefalcon
10-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Non-accustock. I do not reload.

Petre
10-21-2015, 04:30 AM
How do you know it's non accustock? All the FCP-SR's currently shipping are accustock unless som sort of special order.

I'm ditching my accustock and associated dbm and mags, but all are actually pretty decent. Accustock is solid, just not what I currently want.

greyghost
10-23-2015, 03:09 PM
If its a 10fcp-sr it is an accu stock, Unless you bought it from cabelas, or another dept store they were selling almost the same rifle only no accu stock for a cheaper price be sure to check I paid 685.00 for mine and 100.oo rebate, I don't know if they fixed magazine problem or not? I changed mine out to accurate mag bottom metal and mags, In fact I bought it before rifle arrived and changed it first thing kept original parts, But wanted no problems so made the upgrade. I love it very accurate and zero problems, Good Luck Mine is grouping .435 no complaints

NiMiK
10-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Stay away from cheap ammo if you don't reload. I shot 8 inch groups with PMC that I had laying around. I guess it's true what say about that brand. PMC= Pretty Much Crap in my rifle.

Bluefalcon
10-24-2015, 09:19 AM
I paid 700 out the door for mine, I ordered the one off the website, from what I was tracking it was not the accu stock.

Petre
10-24-2015, 12:38 PM
I paid 700 out the door for mine, I ordered the one off the website, from what I was tracking it was not the accu stock.

Any shipping recently from Cabelas are Accustock. What website are you talking about?

What's the Sku#? The current Cabelas models are Sku#22497 and are 100% Accustock. As far as I can tell there's no difference between it and the Savage Sku#22422