PDA

View Full Version : Bipod mount..

sniperjhk
10-19-2015, 07:18 AM
I made new bipod mount.
What do you think, it is advantage to be more forward with the bipod?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/f90e89e62d2414125605cfe905a4324f.jpg

DrThunder88
10-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Nice work! I don't know how it might affect the harmonics of the system, but it seems like having more rifle behind the bipod would make it easier to make fine adjustments to your hold.

lrshooting
10-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Im not a pro or anything, but ideally, you would have the bipod as far as you possibly could infront of the gun. Thats not realistic though...but Ive had bipods on airguns that were closer to the buttstock and it really makes for an unstable platform when using the bipod. At the same time, standing shots can mean that the bipod and mount could leave it unbalanced when to far foward. Id say you improved your rifle if you primarily like to shoot prone, but you could possibly reduce functionality when it comes to offhand shooting depending on the balance of rifle before hand.

I think about this stuff from a hunting point of view, so it may be irrelevant to you if this is a long range precision rig that will be primarily off the bipod. I think its better the way you have made it if so. Maybe I should make an adapter to hook up to my picatinny rail off my McM and put it foward about 5 or 6 inches.