PDA

View Full Version : 11-111

acj7382
10-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Is this step up from axis

adammiddagh
10-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Yes. 2 main differences are. The recoil lug and the primary extraction.

The axis has a loose recoil lug. The 10/110 has a recoil lug under the barrel nut.

The axis primary extraction is between reciever and bolt handle. The 10/110 is between the rear baffle and bolt handle.

The 10/110 is based on the original design. The axis is a value rifle were the manufacturing process has been simplified to make it more affordable. A trip through this sites faq for both wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hope that helps.
Adam.

DrThunder88
10-18-2015, 12:15 PM
To clarify, the differences adammiddagh pointed out are correct. Certainly it is a step up in price, reflecting the added machining steps needed for a 1X/11X rifle. It is also a step up in the customization department, as the aftermarket and knowledge base behind those rifles are huge. Whether those differences make them a "step up" is rather moot.

Rosco
10-18-2015, 05:50 PM
If I recall, and very well could be wrong, but didn't J.Baker state that "Savage fixed/improved Primary Extraction" in the Axis from the 110 Series?

J.Baker
10-18-2015, 09:32 PM
If I recall, and very well could be wrong, but didn't J.Baker state that "Savage fixed/improved Primary Extraction" in the Axis from the 110 Series?

Yep, you're wrong. LOL

Both have suitable primary extraction, but they accomplish it (mechanically) in different ways.

Rosco
10-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I am wrong about quite bit these days, but here is the quote from the article you did.

"On the Savage Axis rifles, one ramp is built into the bolt handle and the corresponding ramp is built into the action. It's effectively a simplified version of the 110-series setup which eliminates the rear baffle.".

For whatever reason, I remembered that as "fixed/improved" instead of two different ways to do the same thing.

J.Baker
10-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Don't feel bad, I'm wrong a lot these days to. If it includes numbers, names or years my mind is like chicken wire.