PDA

View Full Version : "Accurate" Mags vs AICS mags

Petre
10-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Thought I'd give the Accurate Mags 10 rounder a shot as part of my new .308 build as I like the idea of a closer to single stack magazine in theory being a bit more reliable.

Ordered 2 from Brownells and they came yesterday and look to be well made. Definitely superior quality to the flimsy Savage mags.

Haven't tried either in the rifle yet which is currently in pieces with me installing a YHM muzzle break on her today and waiting on a new chasis system, but I was quite disappointed to find that ONE of the mags will in NO WAY take 10 rounds... A $75 magazine that won't take the round count advertised.... Really?

I tried over and over to reload it to 10 very carefully placing each round but there is no way in hell that 10th round is going in and staying. Getting it in is enough work and you can clearly see the magazine is bulging even with the much more substantial metal than those POJ Savage mags. (.035" vs .029" and heat treated with MUCH less flex as a result) As soon as you let go of that 10th round it flys out and and almost takes round 9 with it.

Anyone else have this problem that uses them or for that matter AICS mags?

For $10 more I'll take what works as advertised, thanks.

hafejd30
10-17-2015, 12:49 PM
My AI mags are built solid and hold the 10 rounds they should. My lapua uses the accurate mag and it is not as well built as the AI. Flimsier and finish isn't as resistant to wearing

Petre
11-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I now have both and I must say, appearance-wise ... there is VERY little difference.

One is spot welded, the other fully seam welded. They appear to have the same EXACT follower. One has a hole for round verification, the other not.

Both fit the new chasis I have like a glove. Not a hint of wobble. Can't speak to finish as both appear the same, but haven't been able to judge wear resistance.

I have to check to see which is which when grabbing one. At first glance and handle they're almost identical.