PDA

View Full Version : Mount Question

Two-Dogs
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
First post and noob question.

Picked up a m10 precision carbine in trade and have a problem. It came with a set of Loopy two piece mounts and rings but after mounting two different scopes I can not get either scope cranked down enough to reach the dot from my laser bore sighter, even with a shim under the rear ring.

Is it possible that a set of non-accu-trigger mounts is what is on it?

Could be the bore sighter but I would expect an error
with it to be less consistant.

At this point any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tim

Blue Avenger
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
non acutrigger rear base is flat, not round.
shot it and verify it really is way off.

You have a small straight edge you can rest on the front mount and see how low the rear mount is? One fix would be to shim it with Burris signature rings and offset ring shims.

snipecatcher
06-11-2010, 05:06 PM
You may have gotten a receiver from the same batch I did. My rifle requires a 20 MOA base just to get it on paper. Must have been made on a Friday...

Two-Dogs
06-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Leaning towards the receiver built on friday theory. I put an old 30mm Tasco on with Buris rings and boresighted without bottoming out but I suspect the glass has much more adjustment built in than any of the one inch scopes I have tried. Put on some new Leupold extra high rings with my preferred Weaver 3-9x50 and with a couple of shims was able to get it just shy of bottomed out but it's not satisfactory.

Going to run one of these setups until I can afford a 20min base I recken...

Just the way things are, everything has to be a pain in the nads.

Thanks for the replies, oh and now I'm looking for a deal on a base.

Tim

rjtfroggy
06-14-2010, 01:04 PM
EGW one piece 20moa 0r 40moa $40+shipping.

Two-Dogs
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the tip Froggy, looks like I'll order from EGW.

Which one is the only question, I cant remember the math, how much room do I gain? I guess I'm asking how many inches is 20 & 40 moa at 100yds?

Two-Dogs
06-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Disreguard all after thanks in my last, not sure if that was a brain fart or if I am truely retarded.