PDA

View Full Version : Best mount for vx2 and 111

Dirtracer27x
10-16-2015, 08:46 AM
So I am trying to find some decent mounts to mount my leupold vx2 onto my 111.i have this base here,any suggestions.

http://www.savageshooters.com/webkit-fake-url://A15829F0-7501-43E1-88EC-22B0E9B8F82E/imagejpeg

drybean
10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
I would use a EGW rail & Burris Sig. Zee rings

J.Baker
10-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Definitely want a 1-piece picatinney rail base like the EGW for long-actions with how short most scopes are today as it will ensure you have plenty of adjust-ability to get the eye relief right.

big honkin jeep
10-16-2015, 06:06 PM
I know a lot of folks like the picatinny rails but they set the scope up too high for my liking. Another problem I have had with them is the scope bell not clearing the mount with the scope set rearward enough for my liking.
I much prefer a set of Leupold or Burris standard bases and medium rings or a dual dovetail setup. Either should be available with an offset base if you need it.
They come in one piece and two piece and either will work but I like the two piece setup for the added clearance around the ejection port.
Though a standard set is typically tougher than it needs to be, A dual dovetail setup is rock solid to heck and back bombproof reliable if you can find one.
Good luck and I hope you find what you need.