PDA

View Full Version : Mod12 BVSS centerfeed vs staggerfeed - looking for B&C stock

MS50
10-15-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm putting together a 6BR from a Mod12 BVSS 308. I have the barrel, nut, lug. I'm looking at the B&C tactical style 2 as an upgrade. My issue is that the BVSS is 4.40" action screw spacing with a stagger feed internal mag. No longer made by Savage. The current 4.40" BVSS models are center feed. I talked to Stocky's. They said I need the 2997 model to accommodate the 4.40 spacing, and there will be no problem with the stagger feed mag dimensions. Talked to Savage. The rep said the dimensions of the stagger feed mag are different than the center feed and it could be a problem. I'm waiting for B&C to open to talk to them. Has anyone had experience with upgrading to a B&C stock on a Mod12 short action with internal mag? This is a NIB Mod12. I searched the serial number on the Savage website. It is not in their data base. I assume it's pretty old. Anybody have any thoughts or advice?

clintsrv
10-15-2015, 09:31 AM
I think you need to check your action spacing again.

4.4 are CF. Blind mag, HFP or DBM doesn't matter. If the mag box attaches to the action its SF and would have 4.27 spacing.

The reason for changing the spacing is to accommodate the CF style mag.

MS50
10-15-2015, 10:06 AM
You are right, it is CF. I tried loading 308 rounds in the mag. They are staggered but not two bullets wide. I misunderstood the definition of CF. I thought they stacked directly on top of each other. The action spacing is 4.40, thus it is CF. The mag box is not attached to the action. Thank you Clint.

clintsrv
10-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Yes sir. You will have no problem finding a stock for your project.