PDA

View Full Version : SSS Competion trigger

bobcat30
06-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Looking at gettin meone of these for a pre accu .243. Are they pretty easy to install and adjust for a new guy with mechanical apptitude?

deadeye
06-10-2010, 06:12 AM
They are so easy that I think if a guy can't change it out himself then he has no business shooting the gun - IMHO

That said, there are a few parts that can and probably will move out of place while changing but no problem at all to do.

dolomite_supafly
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Follow the directions and you will have ZERO issues.

It is the best Savage trigger out their that can be installed by the end user. Adjustments are easy and stay put. I have had no prolems out of mine in the 3 years it has been installed.

Dolomite

bobcat30
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Is this somethin i should purchase a pull gauge for? I mean i know i should anyway but economic times have me tight. Its goin in a huntin rig that i wil use for both prairie dogs coyote fox and ol drop tine

bsekf
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Before you take the old trigger apart......read Fred"s directions at least twice and take a long look at your old trigger. I made a slave pin and that really helps. There was one part I kept trying to put in upside down. After successful completion, you look back and say "boy that was simple". There is one hole that does not line up, it is designed that way. Do a search, Fred has replied to several questions regarding his trigger.

deadeye
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Whenever there is a chance something I am doing for the first time might require my memory - I take a digital picture first.

Also, there is no reason you need the gauge - especially if money is tight.

You set it where YOU like it - simple as that. Who cares what the poundage is?

pdog06
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Just buy it. It is easy to put on, but if you have any questions with it we are here to help....

drybean
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
easy to install&the best bang for the buck

bobcat30
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys im sure the other half is gonna love the packages coming!!!!! But at least it isnt another pair of shoes to trip over HA!!!