PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Rings "Bottoming out" on scope.

Pages : 1 [2]

upSLIDEdown
10-16-2015, 01:43 PM
You're going to be impressed with those rings!

I better be...

LOL

This thread made me chuckle quite frequently. For the record, LoneWolf knows his stuff, and wouldn't steer you wrong. Those rings are awesome, and I was willing to spend it, those are the rings I'd buy, without a doubt. One day hopefully I'll have a set, on a Mausingfield action. One day.

lrshooting
10-16-2015, 03:45 PM
LOL

This thread made me chuckle quite frequently. For the record, LoneWolf knows his stuff, and wouldn't steer you wrong. Those rings are awesome, and I was willing to spend it, those are the rings I'd buy, without a doubt. One day hopefully I'll have a set, on a Mausingfield action. One day.

:) Yea he does.

They are gonna be here this coming week. Hopefully I get to try them out before a convention I got to go to but we will see. Ill get them mounted for sure.

LoneWolf
10-16-2015, 08:42 PM
LOL

Just keeping it fresh around here..👍

LongRange
10-16-2015, 08:55 PM
I better be...

With out a doubt you will be!

missed
10-16-2015, 09:23 PM
If your going to spend that much money then get the best rings on the market. M10 Rings by American Rifle Company. Best design. You can ask LongRange. he listened to me and will only be buying those rings from now on. they only use 2 bolts and are a clamp style. Takes 5 minutes to mount and center the scope. And they won't budge even if using with a 50BMG.
Yeah the M10's are stunning. There are 2 pair in the box waiting for my new action to show up. I want to try one of there QD mounts also.

LoneWolf
10-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah the M10's are stunning. There are 2 pair in the box waiting for my new action to show up. I want to try one of there QD mounts also.

If you like uni-mounts I understand trying a QD and would imagine you'd get the same feeling as the standard rings, but I believe the standard rings would work just as well as the QD mount based on their design. I mean do you ever go to the range/field without a set of allen wrenchs in your kit? I know I don't!

missed
10-16-2015, 09:45 PM
That is why I have not bought the QD mount yet, I'll wait till everything else is here and I can try it out. Still waiting for everything..... Good thing I'm working 75 hours a week and really don't have time to think about waiting....