PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Savage 111 Hunter without accu-trigger

flutedchamber
10-13-2015, 10:23 PM
I just purchased a Savage 111 Hunter in 300 Win mag with the detachable box magazine. The rifle appears to have never been shot, though it was sold as used.

According to Savage it was manufactured 8/2006. I wonder why it didn't come with an accu-trigger?

big honkin jeep
10-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Maybe someone switched it out. I picked up a 110FP a couple of years ago and someone at the gun shop had switched out the oversized bolt handle for a small standard sporter style bolt handle.

Did you try putting the serial # in the part finder at the Savage web site?
It should tell you what it came with.

flutedchamber
10-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Maybe someone switched it out. I picked up a 110FP a couple of years ago and someone at the gun shop had switched out the oversized bolt handle for a small standard sporter style bolt handle.

Did you try putting the serial # in the part finder at the Savage web site?
It should tell you what it came with.

Thank you very much for your recommendation. A bit embarrassing to admit, but I've scoured the Savage website checking different models and calibers available before I bought this rifle and never took notice of the part finder.

According to the picture the rifle came from the factory with a "TRIGGER 1 HOLE BLACK - P/N: 104217 $9.00" So according to my understanding this rifle came without the accu-trigger. Why?...I'm not sure. I can't understand why, but I'm sure a call to Savage will provide me with an answer. Again, thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.

Roy

Dirtracer27x
10-16-2015, 08:49 AM
I bought a non accutrigger 111 and slapped a sav2 in it.the trigger is so nice now it's scary.caught my buddy off guard when he shot it lol

sharpshooter
10-16-2015, 08:00 PM
There were some made for Jerry's Sport Center as promo models that did not have an accutrigger.(non catalog item)