PDA

View Full Version : New Addition

mrttuck
10-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Picked up the Axis XP 223 combo from Gander Mountian this weekend.
It came with the Bushnell scope.I have a lueopold 3x9x40 on the 308,that I already have.
Looking to go to the range this weekend to try it out, Have not been able to find anything on the bushnell
I will be shooting 55grain reloads

Rosco
10-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Congrats!! Welcome to the Brotherhood.

mrttuck
10-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks, glad to be part of the Brotherhood.
I hope I don't annoy everyone with my questions,just a newbie wanting to learn as much as I can.
My goal is to shoot a good group at 200 yards.Heck,100 yards would be great for starters.

DrThunder88
10-14-2015, 01:14 AM
If someone were annoyed by the asking of Savage-related questions, they wouldn't be a member of this forum!

mudpig
10-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. Just a guess, but the Bushnell scope is probably something like their Banner line of scopes

jetcycles
10-14-2015, 10:18 AM
If you spend enough time around here, you'll catch the modification bug in no time. Find whatever ammo your rifle likes and shoot the snot out of it! Time behind the rifle will all you to make better informed decisions when it comes time to upgrading components. Just my opinion, and it may not be popular, but that Bushnell scope will suit you just fine at the distances you describe for quite a while. The Bushnell on my 11-VT was marked as model# 76-4124, research leads me to believe it may be an older sharpshooter or trophy hunter model, but I'm not positive. I recently sold my new take off bushnell on ebay for $75, the Vortex Crossfire replacement was only slightly more than that last year during black Friday. Enjoy the rifle!